Sunday 31 January 2010

Residential reckoning

So tomorrow I head off for my first residential trip with my year 6 children.
We are off to Bournemouth for a week , which is both exciting and a little daunting. I haven't been involved in any planning or organsining so I don't know what to expect.

It has been a very busy couple of weeks , have had lesson observations last week .I was a little disappointed in how I did. Too ambitious i guess , tried to fit too much into one lesson! , but the powers that be think I am good, so that is ok.I am my own worst critic, ( like to get in there before anyone else does).

I really need to decide on my focus for my course , It is definitely writing , but just how to make it better! well that is the big question isn't it! I did deliver some staff training about working to small targets so I guess i will bring some of that in. Maybe I should work on that today.

One of my favourite things about last week was my MYSTery club. I handp[icked 6 boys ( low self esteem but with good potential) sent them a secret letter to meet in the ICT room on Friday lunchtime. I was waiting there in the darkened room with the Myst game ready to roll. We had a lot of fun and I look forward to continuing with this when i get back.

I realise this is just a series of slightly connected thoughts, but I am not sure anyone even reads this ;-) . It's good to get things off one's chest though and start the week clear headed and ready to face a new week.

So Bournemouth , I am looking forward to getting the kids to blog for a purpose. will be taking the laptop with me and hooking it up at night so we can communicate back home. They haven't quite got the hang of this blogging lark, but then neither have I ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment