Wednesday 20 January 2010

Raising boy's achievment

Have been recovering today so that has lent itself to lots of time to think.
I am wondering how to ensure that my class achieves their ful potential in all subjects , but particularly writing.
What I find really difficult is that there are so many initiatives and resources that I get distracted by them all and end up thinking too much and cosequently do nothing.
Now is the time to take action..
I definitely want to do something with Myst , but am wondering whether to fisrt introduce it to a small group of my boys who are really lacking confidence , giving them the heads up on the rest of the class.
I'd also like to feed in the use of the blog and some comic book creation ( wish we had comic life)

So I think I might invite a few of my boys along to a secret lunchtime club, with some treats ! and go from there . Any comments would be much appreciated

3 comments:

  1. That might work but it might take away some of the 'WOW!!!' factor that they would get seeing it first on the IWB.

    I would strongly encourage you to get your hands on a wireless mouse (iPhone has an app for that) and when you/they move around the screen away from standing next to the computer you can/will hear the sharp intakes of breathe ;o)

    I found last year that all were able to come up with brilliant descriptions some just needed their wow words being scribed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for comment.
    The idea is I hope that I will take my group of boys to use it in the ICT suite on a lunctime with the IWB. I have written aletter to each one which they should find on their desks to up the interst factor.

    I have a wireless mouse so that should be ok ;-)

    I kind of want them to be the first and then when the whole class has a go later in the term or next term, they will be enjoying the reactions of the others if that makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does indeed ;o)
    I had a go with it quite a bit before I went in front of the kids as it took a while to control my mouse movements hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete